Serving size: 1/4 teaspoon
Servings per container: about 27
Ingredients: 100% pure Quandong Peach Raw Whole Fruit Powder;
Wild Harvested, Gluten Free, No Sugar Added, Plant Based, Non GMO
Quandong, also known as the desert peach or wild peach, is a small native Australian shrub that grows 7-20 feet. Quandongs are glossy, crimson fruits with a tart slightly sweet and tangy taste.
Quandong was a significant source of protein, vitamin C, E, folate, magnesium, calcium, iron, rutin and zinc for the Indigenous Pitjantjatjara people, an Aboriginal tribe of the Central Australian desert for over 50,000 years and is still eaten by many of the people today. It’s a rich source of phenolic-based antioxidants, which boost the immune system and help protect against numerous diseases such as cardiovascular disease, cancer and Alzheimer’s. The fruits are made up of 25% protein and 70% complex oils. The kernels of the fruit were used by local tribes to create powerful antibacterial and anti-inflammatory pastes. Because of its high content of protein, the Pitjabtara men would consider these fruits a great substitute for meat. The leaves and bark from the trees would then be used mostly for medicinal purposes. Today quandong is also used for treating skin conditions and rheumatism.
- Contains twice the vitamin C of an orange.
- A great source of vitamin E, folate, magnesium and calcium.
- A valuable vegan source of iron and zinc.
- A rich source of phenolic-based antioxidants which boost the immune system, reduce inflammation and protect against numerous diseases including cancer, cardiovascular disease and Alzheimer’s disease.
- The kernel contains a range of complex oils and, which are recognized for their antibacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities.
- Contains rutin, a strong antioxidant that can help reduce the proliferation of free radicals. Rutin works with vitamin C to strengthen capillaries, reduce dark circles under the eyes and strengthen the skin from the effects of aging.
The ripe, sweet, beautifully textured flesh of quandongs can be eaten fresh and eaten in the dried powder form in smoothies, yogurts and chia puddings. Try these sweet and tangy quandong peaches in my superfood smoothies located in the recipe section or in my book, Project You.
Strawberry Peach Pear Smoothie, Pomegranate Mango Smoothie or Peach Quandong Green Smoothie