Most of us know there are many benefits to eating honey even though you need to watch your blood sugar levels, but not every type of honey is the same! There are over 300 varieties of honey to choose from and I recommend trying local raw flower unfiltered honey when you can or venturing out and trying this powerful Manuka honey. Manuka honey is produced in New Zealand by bees that pollinate the Manuka bush but has been researched as one of the most beneficial forms of honey in the world.
There are many healing benefits that come from eating tasty Manuka honey and historically for thousands of years, honey has been used mainly for medicinal purposes. It is one of nature’s riches antimicrobial sources and certainly a healing treasure that we need to know more about. What makes Manuka honey so different than a majority of raw unfiltered honeys is its amazing nutritional profile. Its profile includes amino acids, B vitamins (B6, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid), calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and zinc. Manuka honey is quite special in that the nutritional content is up to 4x that of normal flower honeys and this is what is called the UNIQUE MANUKA FACTOR (UMF). UMF is a global standard in identifying and measuring the antibacterial strength of Manuka. So essentially, the UMF is a guarantee that the honey being sold is of medicinal quality.
“So be careful when you are ready to buy MH, as UMF is not in every Manuka flower and comparatively speaking regular Manuka only contains hydrogen peroxide antibacterial property that is actually common in most types of honey. Also, what separates UMF Manuka honey form other Manuka varieties is that both will have the natural hydrogen peroxide and its own natural UMF antibacterial property, which greatly enhances its effectiveness. The UMF properties of Manuka is very stable, not easily destroyed by heat, light and enzymes in the body, unlike the hydrogen peroxide common in most honeys on the market,” says Dr. Axe
Below are the top 10 Benefits of Manuka Honey
- MH helps with reducing acid reflux and balances your digestive system to heal stomach and intestinal imbalances
- MH helps keep acne and eczema at bay especially when used daily or every other day as a mask on your skin. (This works)
- MH down regulates the most potent genes of the MRSA bacteria (Staph Infections)
- MH helps with burns, wounds and ulcers-helps with the inflammatory response
- MH helps with tooth decay and gingivitis- it has shown to cause a 35% reduction in plaque.
- MH helps with IBS and IBD
- MH helps treat sore throats and builds your immunity when its down-it actually stops the growth of sore throat causing strep bacteria
- MH helps with allergies and sinusitis- taking this honey on a regular basis helps with seasonal allergies and lessens a need for medications
- MH is a great beauty treatment and health booster-taken daily it helps boost energy
- You will be happy to know that MH improves sleep- promoting a healthy deep & restful sleep
NOTE: to get the most benefits you should take 1-2 tablespoons of MH on a daily consistent basis.
To verify real UMF Manuka honey read more at http://draxe.com/mauka-honey-benefits-uses/manukahoneyarticlememe/