Servings: 30 per package
Serving size: 1/4 teaspoon
Servings per container: about 27
Ingredients: 100% pure Davidson Plum Raw Whole Fruit Powder;
Wild Harvested, Gluten Free, No Sugar Added, Plant Based, Non GMO
This beautiful dark purple plum grows in several varieties in the tropical rainforest parts of Queensland and Northern part of New South Wales, Australia and were traditionally eaten raw as “bush tucker” food for the rainforest Aborigines. The rich, deep, dark purple fruit has a sharp acidic taste, with a blood red flesh, soft juicy pulp and is considered as one of the most nutritionally powerful native Australian super-fruits today. Early settlers certainly would not have appreciated or known about the high levels of antioxidants contained in the fruit, yet picked the plums for daily use in jams and sauces.
- An excellent source of potassium. Potassium plays a vital role in every single heartbeat. It helps our muscles move, our nerves work through-out our bodies and our kidneys filter out toxins.
- A good source of Vitamin E and zinc; two nutrients required for glowing, youthful looking skin.
- A unique dairy-free source of calcium.
- An antioxidant powerhouse, containing high levels of anthocyanin, which is thought to improve cognitive function and protect against certain cancers and heart disease.
- Contains more lutein than an avocado (thought to be the primary source of lutein). Lutein is a carotenoid vitamin that plays an important role in eye health, improving symptoms in atrophic age-related macular degeneration by inhibiting inflammation. Age-related macular degeneration is the leading cause of vision loss in aging Western societies.
- Contains properties believed to have anti-diabetic effects and a capacity to reduce hypertension and obesity.
Taste and Smell
The davidson plum has an earthy aroma, similar too stewed rhubarb with a musky sweet note and the taste is tart and tangy.
Due to the intense acidic tart flavor and low sugar content, the davidson plum is not often eaten as a fresh fruit. Rather, it’s better freeze dried and crushed into a concentrated powder to be used as a nutritional supplement in smoothies, yogurts and chia puddings.
Research is currently being conducted on the davidson plum’s antimicrobial properties, which are thought to act as a natural food preservative.
Blueberry Yam Smoothie, Plum Pear Smoothie or Raspberry Squash Smoothie